Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I got one.

mmmnmmmmmmmmmm. Disclaimer: This was written before I took a bite.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Friday, November 4, 2011

transaxle rebuild

For the love of God, keep an eye on the half moon axle shims. This took four hours longer than it should have because the shims slipped behind the axle and wouldnt allow the axle tube to seat completely. This transaxle came out of what I believe was a 1968 type 3. These rears had longer axles, bigger drums, and had the option of a 4.12 final drive ratio. This was a popular swap for off roaders because of the wider stance and added braking power. I removed the zbar mounts and smoothed the tubes because im going to use a camber compensator instead.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4