Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Friday, May 24, 2013
First I made the seat pan out of 16g steel. Rolled the center section to match the fender...about a 14.5" radius, then cut the front and rear sections and tacked them on.
Friday, May 17, 2013
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Monday, May 13, 2013
Mmmm. Digital. I have both types of coils to see which works best. The minicoils are a tiny bit smaller and weigh a little less but I don't see them creating a lot more usable space over the traditional coils. They do line up the outputs a lot better though.
I'm also working on putting together a frequency-to-voltage ic with a bar graph driver ic to build a very small digital tach with an adjustable sequential shift light. A few other tweaks and I could make an adjustable rev limiter with this circuit; however, with the Dyna 2000, an external rev limiter is not necessary. I might just build one to play around with the circuit.
Sunday, May 5, 2013
In the pictures below you will see that I installed the rings into the cylinder by leveling all of the pistons and clamping the rings with hose clamps. Again, this is another trick I got from a few old heads, Red Good of Cycle One Manufacturing, and Hondaman. Sand the inside of the hose clamps smooth first. You don't want any small burrs to scratch your rings up. I assembled after washing the cylinders until tissue paper came out spotless and used only enough oil to prevent the cylinders from flashing.
In order to slide the rings into the cylinders, just rest the jugs on top of the hose clamps and loosen each clamp a little at a time. Tap on the cylinders GENTLY and the whole assembly will eventually drop over the pistons. What was easily an hour job by hand only took about 5 minutes.
Saturday, May 4, 2013
Friday, May 3, 2013
John bought a set of these a while back for one of his bikes, but I stole them. They came blank so we could cut them for any carb rack. I'm putting them on a set of vm29s.
I have very limited space for filters on Rock Flute so I am mounting the 44 mm boots backwards on the base plate. This allows the filters to sit further in on the carb body and the clamps will be hidden inside.
I used a fly cutter to make the holes on the base plate. They'll be snug enough to where I don't need clamps to hold them on as space is limited inside the filter.
I think they turned out pretty good!