Draft Cycle Works

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Another Citrus Salvation

My wife's cousin builds freaky-mutant-go-fast go-karts so I got him a CB350 engine as a little present a while back. While I was rooting through some parts that Jeff at Saint Motorbikes kindly donated, I found a set of cb500T carbs and boots. They're a bit large for a 350 but they'll certainly do.

These carbs were more than locked up. The CV piston was glued in on both of them and I couldnt even get the float out of one of the carbs. Here are a few pictures of what lemon juice can do. All we did was tear the carbs down and throw them in some boiling pucker juice.




This time I had a bigger pot so boilovers wouldnt happen. That and a new buddy to keep me company. A really stale beer.



The CV pistons move like bearings and everything is spotlessly clean. Once we find some rebuild kits these will be ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment