Draft Cycle Works

Friday, September 24, 2010

More Pictures of the New Project



These bike photos are ripped directly off of Saint Motorbikes Blog because I didn't have a camera and Jeff stole one from one of his kids.

Here we are testing out the new oil/rocket tank on Tesla, Jeff's new project. I wanted a vertical oil tank to sit between the twin carb setup on the hardtail CB frame to free up some space behind the seat post and get rid of some of the void above the transmission.


This is what I came up with. 2.5 qt's of cappuccino capacity. It looks really odd off the bike, but fits right in on the frame.

Some other things on the bike are a new girder, some bar end levers, a leaf spring seat, and a Cycle X twin carb setup. I had been wanting to build this girder for quite some time. I liked the look of the side mounted springs of the old solid leg girders, but wanted a more modern feel while riding. With that in mind, I used two air shocks set with 50 psi each. For now, that gives it a good tight feel and a travel distance of 2.5 inches. The bar end levers fit the bike nicely and the leafer seat keeps with the lines and doubles as a moon bounce.


I really like the way the oil tank turned out on the bike. The bungs follow the angle of the seat tubes and it fits perfectly between the carbs. This is Jeff's favorite angle on the bike. Looking at the header pic on his site, you can see a pattern. Hmm? New header pic?


Since I am currently banished to working in a shed, Jeff offered me some space in his garage to do some work. I left last night a little before 2 am. The day before that was 3 am. Before that, 1 am. Thanks Jeff for the space and harassment!

I have a little slice of concrete right next to Tesla, the primary patient in Jeff's stable.

After getting 3 hours of sleep I woke up exhausted but I knew it was worth it. The best thing that came out of last night was this killer Pillow Hawk! Ohh and an evil twin to my left. He's not all that bad but he does remind me of someone. I just can't put my finger on it.


No, wait. I figured it out.

1 comment: