Draft Cycle Works

Monday, May 21, 2012

Engine Swapping

Firstly, it feels great to get back to bikes. Its been a while working on the car and I miss the simplicity of the two wheeled genre.


Im working on adding 30 hp to Rock Flute by transplanting the engine from Bat Vagina (the long bike).  Ever since I put the flute together I've wanted my hotrod engine in it and I plan on getting it finished for the 2012 WHCM.  At last years meet I had just gotten the bike on the road and the clutch was nearly gone.  I wasn't able to push the bike at all through the twisties down there. at the end of the meet I could barely take off from a full stop. 


This year with 50% more power and a strong clutch, this bike will be a blast. 


I was going to repaint the engine aluminum but I think it might look nice with the black and polished fins.

Overall a pretty straight forward swap with a pile of tuning.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good man. Ya gotta month, so get busy! See ya in June.

    ReplyDelete