Draft Cycle Works

Friday, April 24, 2015

Reinforcing the Chianti Box for the Last Time

This box has been on the back of my bike for 3 years, taken a fair share of abuse, and held up for the most part. I'm finally getting around to making an aluminum insert so the wood is not structural. I love the functionality of the box and for some reason I like the way it looks.

The aluminum interior is 1/8 5052, hastily mig welded together. I colored some stainless blocks using a hotplate and will use them to clamp the wood to the interior box. Eventually I may add a lid and some small tie downs, but fr now I want to see if I can get by without adding any clutter.

The bike tins are out getting a fresh coat of paint so it's now just sitting naked and cold with time to tie up loose ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment