Draft Cycle Works

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pair-o-dice


Took the new long bike out for its maiden voyage this weekend. 3" of trail and a wheel base as long as a new mustang's, needless to say it's not what you expect. The front end is easy at all speeds and the bike loves to carve the turns. The faster you go, the smoother everything gets, and the handling is nice and responsive. I thought to myself while I was building this that this would be one of a few really long bikes that I build, but after throwing a leg over and getting some miles on it, the doors are wide open for the super stretched bikes.

The picture above is of my very first bike ('72 CB750 dropped seat, 4 up, and raked to 42* now owned by my buddy Carl) and my new land cruiser. I still get weirded out seeing (and owning) a long bike with a center stand, but other than they way it looks, I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment